Launched on 19 April in Bangkok, the “T-Pop” campaign will see Mr. Maurer participating in a number of high-profile activities and events in China, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam where he has a fan following of nearly one million in each country and more than 5 million in China.
Known officially as “Experience Thailand with Mario Maurer”, the campaign will continue until March 2017. It will include a number of media functions, dinners and other events in Beijing, Guangzhou, Manila, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta.
Mr. Maurer is the son of a Thai mother and German father, who has generated millions of youth followers over mainstream and social media as a model and star. A successful campaign with him was carried out only in China in 2015 and is being expanded to Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines this year.
The marketing and PR activities are projected to generate several thousand “likes” and “shares”, giving Thailand millions of Baht worth of publicity across blogs and websites, newspaper and magazine articles, and TV/radio.
Here is a list of activities of “Experience Thailand with Mario Maurer in 2016 (April 2016 – March 2017).
- A photographic shoot for Chinese Magazine on 25 April, 2015.
- Video clips inviting tourists from China, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam to participate in the activities of TAT to address and attend the event “Fan Meet with Mario in Thailand” in Thailand.
- “Fan Meet with Mario in Thailand” events to attract tourists, journalists and celebrities from the target markets in China, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam, scheduled in June and September 2016.
- “Meet and Greet with Mario Maurer” functions and press conferences.
- 14-15 May, 2016, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 30-31 July, 2016, in Guangzhou, China
- 6-7 August, 2016, in Manila, the Philippines
- 20-21 August, 2016, in Beijing, China
- 12-13 November, 2016, in Jakarta, Indonesia
China is already Thailand’s largest and fastest growing market with 7.9 million arrivals in 2015 and projected at 10.5 million in 2016. In turn, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam, are the three most populous ASEAN countries, with a sizeable demographic profile of young people.