Vistara Lands in Bangkok

Singapore, Thailand, India, air transport

Jet Airways flights’ suspension gave other airlines in India an opportunity to start new international connections. Since August, Indian carrier Vistara has been flying to Singapore, Dubai and most recently to Bangkok. More international flights are due to follow.

Vistara, an Indian full-service carrier, is a joint venture between Tata and Singapore Airlines. Tata Sons holds the
majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA is holding the remaining 49%.

Since the summer, the airline is flying to international destinations, partially filling up the void left by Jet Airways following its collapse. The carrier launched its first route from Delhi to Singapore on 6 August 2019, followed by Mumbai – Singapore a day later. Both are flown on a daily basis using Boeing 737-800s. At the end of August, the carrier inaugurated a daily service to Bangkok. Thailand capital is the third international destination in its network.

Vistara is the only airline to offer the choice of Premium Economy class for travel between India and Thailand, in addition to Business and Economy class.

Customers from Bangkok can also take convenient onward connections on Vistara to several destinations within India including Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The carrier also signed a code share agreement with Japan Airlines last February, opening up the Japanese market.

Vistara’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Leslie Thng, said on the occasion, “We are delighted to enter another new geography with service to Bangkok, one of world’s most-visited cities with immense potential to further grow tourism as well as business. With Vistara, we introduce India’s best airline to Bangkok that’s committed to making a mark in global aviation with its world-class product and impeccable service. With a novel product and unmatched Indian hospitality, we offer a unique experience and are confident that travellers will enjoy flying the ‘new feeling’ with Vistara.”

Vistara celebrated the occasion with all the customers on the inaugural flight. To make their experience equally memorable, the airline presented them a gift bag of memorabilia and chocolates. The Tourism Authority of Thailand extended a traditional Thai welcome to all Vistara customers as well.

As the highest-rated Indian airline on Skytrax and TripAdvisor, and winner of several ‘Best Airline’ awards, Vistara has consistently raised the bar for operations and service delivery in the Indian aviation industry in a short span of less than five years. The airline now connects 27 destinations, operates over 1200 flights a week served by a fleet of 23 Airbus A320 and eight Boeing 737-800NG aircraft, and has flown more than 16 million customers since starting operations in 2015.